Indian students applying to a foreign university have to take exams to certify that they have the required basic minimum skills in English. The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) are the two leading tests for this purpose.
This post gives you links to some of the most important information about these two tests of English proficiency published earlier on this blog. Take a look. You may find answers to questions you have been waiting to ask.
- Some students want to apply for admission to a German university. Some to a British or, Canadian one. Some to a combination of American and other universities. So, which exam should you take? If you are confused, find out here: IELTS or TOEFL – Which Exam Should I Take?
- TOEFL and IELTS: Which Test is Easier? What is the pattern, what are the challenges, what are the skills required – and does it really make a difference? This blog explains it all.
- Though it shouldn’t happen, it sometimes does: you get less than the minimum TOEFL/IELTS score required by your university. So, is that the end of the road? Do you have to give up your dream of education in a foreign university? Or is there still some chance of studying abroad? ‘What Happens if I Get a Low Score in the TOEFL or IELTS?‘ discusses that dreaded possibility and what to do about it. The good news is that there is still hope.
- Have you been looking for good resources for free study material on the TOEFL – and did you know that there are free resources from the maker of the test? TOEFL Prep – Nice Resources at toeflgoanywhere.com gives you the details.
- If you have decided to give the TOEFL exam, then how do you proceed? Click on the following link and read on: The TOEFL iBT: Registering, Rescheduling, Canceling – Get All the Details Here!
- If you are applying to a number of universities then you may need extra score reports. But how to get them? If you want to know, read: TOEFL iBT: Additional Score Reports – Find Out How to Get Them!