About Quick Word
QuickWord is a cell phone based application designed to help you learn the meanings of 3,600 essential words for the GRE test! Read the installation and activation instructions given below before you proceed to installation.
Download Quick Word
The download version given here is a locked version which will allow access to only a limited number of words and features. To obtain the unlocked version (currently available only to students of Oak's academy), please read the unlock/activate instructions given below.
Android Users download here
Unzip after download and then install
Download using a QR code scanner
1. Open your prefered QR code scanner.
2. Point your phone camera at the QR code below and scan it.
3. Follow the onscreen instructions to proceed with the installation.
- contains 3,600 words including high frequency words for the GRE
- easy-to-use interface
- words can be viewed randomly or alphabetically
- difficult words can be marked
- separate modes for studying and revising words
- meanings can be edited to suit your own learning style (the original meanings are preserved)
Will it work on your phone?
If your phone has at least one of the following: a camera, an MP3 player, Bluetooth or GPRS, then it will most probably support Java applications too. To ascertain if your cell phone is compatible with QW, we suggest that you refer to the user manual for your phone and check if it supports the installation of Java applications (.jar) files (games or mp3 players for example).
The software will also work on all Android phones
How to install and unlock/activate QuickWord
- Download the QuickWord installer (*.apk file for Android phone / *.jar file for other phones) from our website. Connect your phone to your computer to download QuickWord and install it on your phone. (Android users can also download using QR Code). The software will not work if it is transferred from one phone to another via bluetooth
- When the application is run for the first time, QuickWord will generate a 16 digit phone code. This code can be found in the Main Menu>Activate QuickWord option. Note this code down
- Visit www.quickword.in. You will be asked to enter the 16 digit phone code as well as an access code. The access code is given on your identity card
- After you enter the phone code and access code, you will be given an unlock code. Note this down safely
- In the QuickWord application (installed on your phone), select Activate QuickWord from the main menu options
- Select Activate> Via PC Internet. You will be asked to enter the unlock code
- Enter the unlock code. The software will be fully functional
1. Software will be unusable if you change your mobile phone, SIM card and/or memory card.
2. The Access Code will be given ONLY ONCE to a student