With earlier versions of the test, students would go to the ‘Big Book’ for practice on actual GRE test papers of the past. With the Revised GRE coming in August 2011, A new version of the prep book called the Official Guide came in. Now, the GRE® program also offers ‘GRE® Success Starter videos’ to help you crack the GRE®.
There are two videos:
- GRE® Success Starter: Tips & Strategies for the Quantitative Reasoning Section
- GRE® Success Starter: Tips & Strategies for the Verbal Reasoning Section
The videos are designed to help you familiarize yourself with the two most important sections of the test: Quantitative and Verbal Reasoning. According to Dawn Piacentino, Director of Communications and Services for the GRE Program at ETS, , “In less than 20 minutes each, these videos walk test takers through examples of the different question types in the test, provide strategies for answering each question type, and share useful tips and strategies.”
If you are an iPhone or iPad user, you can now download the videos at the ETS store for US$7 each. Hopefully the videos will soon become available to the massive pool of Indian students, many of whom use Android smart phones.
In the meantime you can look at this link
- How to Register, Reschedule or Cancel Your GRE Test
- How to Request Additional Score Reports
- How You Can Decide which GRE Scores the Universities Can See
- ETS’s Free Diagnostic Service
- Overview of the New GRE
- How to Crack the GRE