Today, the dream of getting a US degree is no longer something that only the “rich” can dream of. Now many students from middle class backgrounds can also get higher education in the US, without putting a huge financial burden on their parents. This is evident from the recent trends:
- Overall, the number of Indian students going abroad for education increased 256% in 2000-2009
- An estimated 21 million students will be admitted into American universities in Fall 2013
The facts also show that America is the most popular educational destination especially for engineering and business:
- The top three destinations for Indian students going abroad are: #1 America, #2 Europe, #3 Australia
- America dominates, with a lion’s share of over 50% of the students
- The top two streams at American grad schools are Engineering & Business
There is great demand for higher education in the US.